Tuesday, November 24, 2009

On Searching for Truth

My friend has has asked, or perhaps even prodded me, into challenging possible readers. To help people discover their truth, the truth, a truth, by giving them something to think about, and ponder, and to hope that people will comment on my posts, and equally give me something to ponder.


But I’m not sure that's enough. A challenge is something which can be denied, its a personal thing, you can choose to accept defeat, or pretend victory.
You can be victorious, and have no adversary. Ultimately the only thing that challenges you, is yourself.


What I want, what my ultimate goal is, is to sway you, to have that ultimate clarity to convince you, one way or the other, to put forward a perfect argument of logic, of emotion and of truth, that sways my audience, and for my audience to sway me, convince me of my errors, to teach me.


For to be swayed, one must be willing to accept that their truth, was not. To accept another's argument in favour of their own, and to accept that their own has been falsified.


To search for the truth, one must be willing to be swayed.
If no argument can tempt you, if you will not let logic persuade you, if you refuse yourself access to others ideas, by what possible means can you honestly be searching for truth.


Honesty is the key, without honestly opening your mind, the truth will never be yours.


Search for the Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment